Dear Friends of Sound Money,
We are making GREAT progress here in Georgia in advancing Sound Money and Constitutional Tender!
Our latest bill, SB 416, the "Sound Money in Banking Act" (to require any bank serving as a depository for the state to offer/accept gold and silver coin for deposit) was introduced in the Georgia Senate by Sen. David Shafer on Tuesday, 2/16 - almost EXACTLY one year after our original bill, the Constitutional Tender Act (HB 430), was introduced in the House!
See the bill here: http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2009_10/sum/sb416.htm
The bill has been assigned to the Senate Banking and Finance Committee. That's a good thing, because over 25% of the Committee Members are already CO-SPONSORS of this bill! But in order for the bill to continue to move forward, we need for the next important step to take place:
The Chairman of the Committee MUST bring the bill up in Committee, and set a date for a full hearing on it.
So here's what we need to do now: the Committee Chair, Sen. Bill Hamrick, needs to schedule a full hearing on SB 416 -- SOON. The committee could then take testimony from lots of OUR experts on what exactly it would mean to carry out this bill. This would not only garner a LOT of publicity -- especially if we get some big names to come testify -- but it really WOULD educate these legislators on exactly WHY we need to pass this bill.
So, fellow Constitutionalists, we need to TAKE ACTION AGAIN! Here's how:
* Contact Sen. Bill Hamrick, the Chair of the Senate Banking and Finance Committee:
* Ask Sen. Hamrick to please schedule a hearing SOON for SB 416, the Sound Money in Banking Act, before the Senate Banking and Finance Committee;
* Remind Sen. Hamrick about why this bill is so important: because the citizens of Georgia, like every other State, are facing a large devaluation of the dollar because of the current administration's policy of bailouts and borrowing: the "Obama inflation". Directing banks to allow their customers to establish accounts based on legal tender gold and silver coins will provide a safe and convenient way for the citizens of Georgia to "hedge" against the "Obama inflation".
* You can also respectfully remind Sen. Hamrick that this bill is also needed because, with Georgia LEADING THE NATION in BANK FAILURES, the banking industry desperately needs new ways of bringing in business, customers, and MONEY. More than three out of five Georgia banks were unprofitable in 2009, over twice the national average. If banks in Georgia are directed to allow their customers to establish gold and silver accounts, there will be a HUGE influx of customers not only from across Georgia, but from across the nation; this is the Georgia banking industry's best opportunity to attract the record-breaking legal tender silver and gold coin business, now at over 30 million Silver Eagles and nearly 2 million Gold Eagles per year. That would be an increased reserve of over $2.2 BILLION in value in Georgia's banks -- and NO other state is offering this service in its banks!
To recap what we DESPERATELY NEED people to do:
* Contact. Sen. Hamrick at email@example.com and ask him to please schedule a hearing SOON for SB 416, and tell him why it's important.
THANK YOU SO MUCH -- it's because of people like YOU, who are willing to take a couple of minutes of your valuable time to do something like this, that we have a GOOD SHOT at getting this bill moved through the General Assembly this year -- and even introduced in other states!